This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Exhausted

I'm still not sleeping (not in bed before 3 am in forever). I thought I'd narrowed down what I was allergic to to my laundry detergent, but it's 3 weeks later and the itchy rash is still there. Since now it's mostly my scalp, neck and pointer fingers, I'm going to assume it's my shampoo, even though I've been using the same shampoo/conditioner for forever. Maybe they reformulated.





We're still in no danger from the fires, but you can definitely smell the smoke and all of us are suffering from allergies (it's allergy season anyway). Kitty especially has been miserable (she hasn't been eating allergy cookies!). I told her earlier this week that unless she has a fever, rash or vomiting (or the equvalent) then she can rest, but she'll need to go back to class. We were in danger of truancy at the rate she was going.





... so of course Bob called me the next morning and asked to come home from school. Honestly I think it had more to do with some homework she hadn't completed, and all the tests she had that day (she said she was ready for the tests, but since she didn't feel good she was afraid it might cause her to lose concentration and not do well). I debated, but finally decided that Bob NEVER does this and she won't take advantage of it (unlike some of the other kids -if you give them an inch they demand a mile), so I brought her home.





*********************************************************

No comments: