This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Family by Bob


Family

Family is important to me because without family, I would be all alone. I wouldn't have a house, any clothes or food, and I wouldn't be able to go to this school. Sometimes I don't like my family, but there is always a reason to love them, even if I think the world is out to get me.

My family consisted of two boys and two girls until we adopted Kitty and Bear. My family decided to adopt because they wanted to give some unlucky kid the chance to have a great life. When I was two (she was actually 4) they tried to adopt, but the state said I was too young to let my parents adopt. So we waited until I was eleven.

When we adopted Kitty and Bear, Kitty was named ____________ (we allowed Kitty to change her first name when she was adopted). We had to share a little bitty rome, so my mom and dad had us move into Ponito's room, and we sorta switched. Anway, we had to split Kitty and I up because we kept fighting, and my mom thought it was because we shared a room. Now we don't fight. I mean every once in a while I fight with my mom. A lot of times actually. The best thing about fighting is making up.

There are a lot of good things about having a big family. If you have a problem there are so many people to talk to. You get a lot of presents during Christmas and your Birthday. But family is there to keep you up, not throw you down. Even if you don't do anything and they blame you, you may hate them for awhile, but you forgive and forget, right?