This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Insurance dodge

Almost forgot my favorite part! After being transferred to yet another person in the insurance company, who was very nice, but still couldn't find me in the computer, she says,

"Well, I'm sorry, but I'm going to need to talk to someone from your Hubby's company - specifically someone from HR."

I got to reply,
"Well you're in luck then! My hubby and I own the company, I'm the president and I do all the HR! So, 'Hi, How can I help you?!"

She stammered,
"Oh, I've never had that happen before."

And then she proceeded to ask me NOTHING that I, as the spouse of the employee, couldn't answer! So yes, I believe this is just a way to say I have no freakin' way to help you and I want to get you off the phone.

She was always perfectly nice while giving me the runaround though so I won't tell you the name of the insurance company. See, customer service pays off! Well, that and the fact that they are the only insurance company that our psychiatrist accepts and we don't want to change psychiatrists.

Mary
Mother to Kitty
Spouse to Hubby
President of _________
The entire HR department!

No comments: