This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

My first award!

I got an award!! I've never gotten to do one of these before. Thank you Lovely Laynie!



LOL! I got this from 2 of my friends. Thank you Super Sheri! You guys have both made me happy!

Edited to add: 3 friends!! Thank you Mom 4 Kids at The Land of the Loo-Loos! I can't wait to read your blog.




The Happy 101 rules are as follows:


List 10 things that make you happy and try to do one of them today. Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, link back to my blog and create a list of things that make you happy.


1. Hugs and kisses from my little ones. Bob gives me the sweetest little kisses at bedtime (after making me crazy all day). Ponito runs up to me and gives the best hugs several times a day.



2. Cuddling with my kids. Kitty has started sitting next to me and leaning in - real cuddling!


3. Cuddling with Hubby - watching movies on date night and snuggling with Hubby.


4. Reading blogs written by my amazing "friends" and list serves


5. Reading trashy romance novels or funny fantasies while taking a long hot bath after the kids are all asleep


6. Giving advice - hopefully good advice



7. Blogging and Comment love!


8. Finding a great bargain at a thrift store


9. Finding a flattering outfit that fits perfectly and makes me feel good about myself


10. Baking and cooking something that is healthy but the kids give me compliments and enjoy it


This is the hard part! I read a huge multitude of blogs and there are so many friends out there who make me happy, but many of them have already received this from others or they don't have blogs. Here goes!

Kristina at Pulsipher Predilection - you always make me laugh!!

Becky at Mom to my AngelBabies - Something else to make you happy I hope!

Lorraine at Random thoughts from the Fuller House - maybe this will inspire you to post Lorraine! *grin* Since I'm not on Facebook I miss you!

Ryan's mom at This Side of the Ditch - I'm enjoying our conversations.

Heather at Strong in the Broken Places - you need a chance to think about happy things!

Lulu at What Now? Adopting teens is hard, but you make it look effortless. You inspire me!

Theresa at We May Not Have it All Together - You inspire me too!

Queen Mommy at My Radical Family - I want to hear more from you!

Crayon at Foster Care Excursion - I hope you get some foster kids soon.

Linda at Faith Makes Things Possible Not Easy - I'm really enjoying reading your posts!

CJ at Perspective RAD - I love reading your blog and seeing things from your perspective.

Hartley at Hartley's Life with 3 Boys - I've just discovered your blog and am loving using my 7 senses!

Unspeakable Joy at RADical Adventures - because you deserve this for dealing with those lovely RAD rages!

Rachel at Rejoicing in Hope - thank you for making me laugh!

Robin at Robin's Nest - That new baby will be here soon, I just know it!

Struggling to Stand at Sometimes God Does Give You More Than You Can Handle - You deserve some extra happiness. I hope you get it from this!

Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan - the clips and quips make me laugh!

Jillybean at Thou Shalt Not Whine - LOL!!

Edited to add: Ursula at Under Scarlet Bird's Wing - who I just "met," but who deserves an award! You deserve happiness. Ursula, please be nicer to my friend Ursula!

2 comments:

Lorraine Fuller said...

Aww, thanks. Maybe I will be able to find time to get back to blogging when school starts again.

Kristina P. said...

Mary, thank you so much! I don't pass along awards, as you may have noticed, but I do appreciate every single one.

I wish you the best 2010 possible!