This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

65 Questions You've Probably Never Been Asked

65 Questions You've Probably Never Been Asked...you know the rules. Tag people in this note (including the person who tagged you!) to learn more about people. Also, try to tag people who you've tagged in other notes, sometimes you learn things in new notes that you didn't know before about them...

1. First thing you wash in the shower?

I hate showers, but probably my hair so I can start the conditioner soaking while I clean the rest of me.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?

I don't own a hoodie (I know...GASP!)

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?

Most definitely

4. Do you plan outfits?

I'm a total clotheshorse so my outfits always match right down to the jewelry, but I pretty much only own black pants (and jeans or jorts for weekends) so everything always matches without a need for planning.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?

Exhausted, but Hubby is working from home so I can't take a nap.

6. What’s the closest thing to you that's red?

My necklace and earrings.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?

I've been having dreams about going back to college and having exams on classes I didn't even know I was registered for, but I think the last dream I had was similar. I was getting married, and hadn't even tried on my dress which I was pretty sure wasn't going to fit because I'd gained so much weight over the years. Shouldn't have watched Bridezilla last night!

8. Did you meet anybody new today?

Haven't even left the house.

9. What are you craving right now?

My new favorite, Snickers ice cream bars. I got addicted to the real thing, but have recently discovered I can use fat free frozen yogurt, with some caramel sauce, peanuts, and Magic Shell chocolate coating, and it tastes exactly the same. OK, be right back...

MMmmmmm! Now I'm just craving a nap, but maybe all this sugar will help.

10. Do you floss?

Yes, but rarely

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?

eggrolls

12. Are you emotional?

Sometimes. Depending on what's going on in my life (and hormones). Mostly though I try to stay very rational.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?

I'm sure I did when I was a kid, and I've counted to the equivalent by 100s when I'm having trouble with insomnia.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?

Oooh, most definitely bite.

15. Do you like your hair?

Sometimes. I have mixed emotions about it. I kind of like having the gray - I'm more than 75% gray now, but it somehow manages to look like highlights.

16. Do you like yourself?

I have mixed emotions about this too. I usually think I should be a better, stronger person. I'm not proud of the way I treat my body. No sleep for example, and I would prefer to be thinner, so I'm kinda mad at myself right now for eating that ice cream (but it was worth it!)

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?

Sure. Why not? But I'd definitely have to talk to someone about appropriate table manners (Iknow I'm supposed to keep my elbows off the table, but I don't do that!).

18. What are you listening to right now?

Hubby just burped, and is complaining about his job. Other than that just the sound of both of us typing. Wow it's really quiet without the kids here!

19. Are your parents strict?

My mom was, mostly. We weren't allowed to cuss, even naughty words, and she always cared about where we were and what we were doing (although I managed to get into trouble anyway).

20. Would you go sky diving?

No, probably not.

21. Do you like cottage cheese?

Yes, with canned peaches. Is that weird?

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?

I shook Tipper Gore's hand at a banquet once.

23. Do you rent movies often?

Almost every weekend from Redbox.

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?

Not really

25. How many countries have you visited?

More than 5

26. Have you made a prank phone call?

Probably

27. Ever been on a train?

Lots of kid rides, trains around parks/zoos, not a real train.

28. Brown or white eggs?

Boxed.

29.Do you have a cell phone?

Yes

30. Do you use chapstick?

No but I use lip balm to keep my lipstick on.

31. Do you own a gun?

Not any more

32. Can you use chop sticks?

Not well

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?

The kids. Hubby will probably kiss me when he gets home on his way to bed.

34. Are you too forgiving?

I'm probably not forgiving enough.

35. Ever been in love?

I don't think so.

36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow?

I don't know that I really have a best friend. My neighbor (Hi Sharon!) is probably the closest thing I have, and I'm assuming she'll be working one of her many jobs.

37. Ever have cream puffs?

I think so.

38. Last time you cried?

Last weekend I got pretty emotional and I think I may have cried a little.

39. What was the last question you asked?

Did you hear that beeping noise?

40. Favorite time of the year?

Spring? Not too hot, not too cold, and the kids are in school so I can do stuff.

41. Do you have any tattoos?

Never

42. Are you sarcastic?

Who me?

43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?

No.

44. Ever walked into a wall?

No. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

45. Favorite color?

Green.

46. Have you ever slapped someone?

Yes

47. Is your hair curly?

More wavy than curly.

48. What was the last CD you bought?

Probably a Christian Rock CD as a present for one of the kids. I tend to listen to the radio instead (plus my minivan only has a cassette player!)

49. Do looks matter?

Sad, but yes.

50. Last text you received?

I don't text and had them turn off this function on my phone, so it was probably from AT&T trying to get me to text. The last IM I got from Hubby said, "Love you too."

51. Is your phone bill sky high?

I don't pay the bills, Hubby does, but probably not.

52. Do you like your life right now?

This is such a hard question that I stopped answering this and switched to doing something else! I'm going to ignore it, so I can move on.

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?

Not on purpose.

54. Can you handle the truth?

Yes, but it hurts sometimes.

55. Do you have good vision?

Much better now that I've had Lasik, but I'll probably need reading glasses soon.

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?

I don't think I really hate anyone, but I dislike more than 3.

57. How often do you talk on the phone?

Depends on your definition of often. I talk to Hubby on the phone at least once a day. Daily I make many short calls for scheduling and logistics of the kids and their appointments. Maybe 2-3 times a week I'll chat for more than a few minutes (usually venting) to someone (Grandma, Sharon, or another special needs' parent.)

58. The last person you held hands with?

Hubby Kitty. Usually hold hands with Hubby, but haven't seen as much of him since he's teaching this week and Kitty will occasionally hold my hand in a parking lot or somewhere (as long as no one else will see her). Maybe it was Ponito. He was a little overwhelmed at the high school yesterday (Kitty was too, but she'd never hold my hand where someone she knows might see her!).

59. What are you wearing?

Black capris, and a dressy 3/4 sleeve black and white print top. Red jewelry and sandals (but the shoes are on the floor in front of me).

60.What is your favorite animal?

I started to say horses, but probably dogs.

61. Where was your default picture taken?

I don't know what a default picture is?! My avatar I designed myself, adapting something else to look more like me (since then my hair has grown!)

62. Can you hula hoop?

Yes, but not very well anymore.

63. Do you have a job?

Many! Mom, therapeutic parent, president of a product development company, seamstress (not so much anymore, but I've got a project I need to work on for a client), mucker (I can shovel 10-12 stalls in less than 3 hours)...

64. What was the most recent thing you bought?

I spent $0.11 buying two nuts (the hardware kind!) to fix the wheel on my new laptop desk I got from my sister. The store before that I bought Gatorade for Bear's Heat Exhaustion, and various and sundry minor groceries (lately I've been shopping in dribbles because there is always something I need).

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?

Yup, both car and house.

I got this from Becky at Mom to my AngelBabies. I won't tag anyone in particular. If you wanna and haven't, I'd love to read it!

No comments: