This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Rather big!


I have to tell you guys a funny story. A friend of mine recently described my kids as "rather big" (we were discussing carpooling to a RAD mom get together and she was explaining to the other moms why we wouldn't be able to fit both our broods in one vehicle). This massive understatement made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my pants.

Kitty (far left) is 5’5” and 168lbs (she's lost a little weight!), Bob (seated left) is almost 6 foot now and 156lbs (she's lost quite a bit - she and Kitty were both 178lbs in April), Bear (seated right) is 5’9” 225lbs, and then there’s little Ponito (far right) who is the size of a normal 11 yr old which means he looks so tiny next to his siblings!

My friends response:

"Well, what was I supposed to say? “As 3 of her kids are actually from the planet Sequoia?” Glad it gave you a laugh."


"Planet Sequoia!!" Snort! Mppht! *giggle*
You probably had to be there. Gotta go change my Depends!

No comments: