This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

To Kill a Mockingbird - foreshadowing


A couple of weeks ago a neighbor asked me if we had a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird she could borrow for her son. We didn't. Not too much later I found a copy in a thrift store and purchased it (it's a classic!). It sat on the bottom step of our staircase until a couple of days ago.


Kitty asked Grandma what it was about. Grandma's summary was: It's about some kids who decide to kill a mockingbird, but someone stops them and tells them that it was wrong because the bird never did anything to hurt anyone. There is a man in the neighborhood that no one likes, but the kids stop people from killing him because it's wrong to kill someone who never hurt anyone.


Or something like that.
I had no idea what significance this book was going to have on our lives.


*Cue ominous music*
This is a bit of foreshadowing... tune in tomorrow to hear what happens next.

No comments: