This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4th food and relaxation



What a lovely day.




Stayed up too late and a debt collector called at 8:30am (on a holiday!), but it was still good.


I made star pancakes for breakfast (put the batter in a baggie, cut off a corner and drew stars on the griddle). Yummy!




We sat around watching movies all day. I had a long nap (which I needed since I stayed up until almost 4am last night). It was great!


Tonight we're having hamburgers, sweet potato fries, corn on the cob - shucked by the kiddos, homemade cheesecake covered with cherries and fresh blueberries... tonight we'll eat watermelon as we watch fireworks.
Great food, a good nap, and kids that barely argued. Like I said, a lovely day!

No comments: