This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sad Chocolate Incident

(This is not me, and I did not do this with the melted plastic bags, but I found it while searching for a melted chocolate bar image and it's cool!)


I'm still unable to comment on certain types of blogs - which makes me crazy!! Wanted to tell GB's Mom and Beautifully Chaotic that I do read their blogs and sometimes want to comment sooo badly. Even if it's just to say, "You are not alone!"







Beautifully Chaotic posted about her husband liking to turn off oven lights (which she was using to make homemade yogurt). Here's the random comment I would have made if I could. Maybe she's greatful that I couldn't post it.











Not totally related, but this made me think of a recent event. I had bought some candy on sale (something I rarely buy) and put it in one of my hidey spots so the kids wouldn't munch it all. I NEVER preheat the oven, but this ONE time I asked Hubby to flip on the oven for homemade pizzas. At first I assumed the smell was because I really need to clean my oven. Sad part was, the child I originally hid the candy from found it where it was cooling off in the fridge (to see if any of it was salvageable) and ate it all. *sigh*

4 comments:

Gammeldame said...

Commenting problems seem to be linked to Internet Explorer. Maybe try a different program.

GB's Mom said...

Firefox is good!

Diana said...

I switched to Google Chrome and haven't had any more problems.

Jules said...

Hi,

I just read the FAIR club, great stuff, and yes, the rules have to be changed for our special kiddos. I wish everyone understood this.
Jules