This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Homework on the first day to school!

School started for 3 of the kids today. So why do I have homework?!

Bear's open house at his special school was yesterday - easily 10+ enrollment forms, but I got them all done during the meeting. Yea me!! Then I get home today and ALL the kids had enrollment forms that have to be turned in tomorrow! Since Bear now attends both his special school and his home school I had to fill out his forms twice! Luckily me!

Went to Kitty's family therapy today. I really like this therapist. Turned in the last of the admission forms and she gave me all the missing neurological results from when Bear was at the treatment center! Some light reading. Also staffing/treatment notes for Kitty to review and see if they're on the right track. Did I mention I like this therapist?!!

Get a call while we're in therapy. Bear apparently deliberately missed the bus (he of course claims he didn't know which one it was, but the driver says a boy stood debating getting on the bus for 10 minutes before deciding not to get on. He got a ride from "Someone's mom" - no name, and no one saw her. He was 45 minutes late coming home. He says he had a bad day. I do know he says he broke up with his latest girlfriend. Time to play Monk and figure out where he really was. *sigh*








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang... why can't it ever be easy... just ONE day!

Hua said...

Back to school already...this year has gone so quickly! I found your blog while searching for the best information on Parenting. I think your blog is very helpful and believe that you could reach even more people if you joined Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN is comprised of over 2,600 of the web's best health writers and their content is read by over 6 million visitors a month at Wellsphere.com.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.



Best,
Hua

Director of Blogger Networks