This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween - Cancelled


I'm working hard at getting the "Meanest Mom in the World" title. I decided we won't be celebrating Halloween this year. - They don't need the candy, I don't need the supervising hassles, the private school is adamantly against it, and I've made gorgeous, elaborate costumes for too many years that were never worn. Plus it's overwhelming for Kitty.

I'm trying to think of how to make this a fun evening. So far I'm looking at games we can play, pizza (not whole wheat for once!), movies from Blockbuster (haven't done that in awhile), and probably doing it all in our PJs. Possibly letting them sleep downstairs (I haven't allowed that since Bear snuck out and ran away and we discovered a steak knife under his mattress. Kitty saw him leave and it freaked her out to see "somthing" in the back yard). Wish me luck!

No comments: