This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!
Monday, November 3, 2008
If I were
1. If I were a liquid I’d be… snot. Allergies are killing me, and I’m feeling thick and yucky.
2. If I were a sin I’d be… gluttony. Can’t stop gaining weight!
3. If I were a gem/stone I’d be… a diamond in the rough. I know I’m sparkling and beautiful on the inside. I just need some work.
4. If I were a metal I’d be… copper. Turns beautiful colors when heat is applied.
5. If I were a tree I’d be… a mulberry tree. Filled with berries, some ripe and delicious, some unripe and will give you a tummy ache, some buggy.
6. If I were a flower I’d be… a morning glory. Sometimes has gorgeous brightly colored flowers, most of the time a persistent vine you can’t get rid of!
7. If I were weather I’d be… sleet. Not enough to leave beautiful snow, just enough to make the weather more miserable.
8. If I were a color I’d be… green. It has hundreds of different shades. Some beautiful and symbolizing growth and others putrid symbolizing rot and infection.
9. If I were a sound I’d be… that sound my daughter makes when she’s frustrated with the world, doesn't want to do what you're telling her to do, and thinks no one cares.
10. If I were a lyric I’d be… Anyway
Martina McBride/Brad Warren/Brett Warren (BMI)
You can spend your whole life buildin'
Somethin' from nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
When I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway
This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway
You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
And in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway
You can pour your soul out singin'
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yeah sing it anyway
I love anyway.
11. If I were a scent I’d be… semi-sweet chocolate. Smells good, but could be better.
12. If I were a piece of clothing I’d be… 10 year old control top underwear. Still provides some support on a good day, but not 100% anymore.
13. If I were one of the four seasons I’d be… Winter. Cold and dismal right now, but you know Spring is just around the corner.
Yes, I realize I’m a little depressed right now. Don’t worry, I’m under the care of a doctor, and I’m working on it.