This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kitty's Coming Home


Kitty is being released tomorrow! We're planning a quiet weekend. No school on Monday. Pdoc appointment Tuesday (8am yuck!), then straight to her ARD where we'll decide what school is going to look like for the rest of the school year.


Options:



  1. Drop her 2 electives - which are in the morning on "B" days and her only regular ed, and most stressful classes, and just have her come to school late on "B" days - after lunch (which is also stressful).

  2. Change her electives to something else - like social skills. Put her in the behavior program during lunches.

  3. Homebound - doubt they'll go for this one - it's supposed to be almost impossible to get and is more for kids with physical issues.

  4. Drive her to school and pick her up for lunch every day to limit the

  5. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Jessica Lynn said...

glad to hear she is coming home! Sending lots of hugs and well wishes your way. Don't forget to do something nice for you! And I don't know why you aren't on my blog roll. You should be, it shows up on my homepage, not sure how to fix it?