This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Parents of Trauma "Find a Friend" Network

An amazing lady and blogger, who just organized a Christmas "Trauma Mama gift swap, is starting a new networking for parents of kids of trauma. I'm definitely participating. She sent me the following letter:



I've realized there is still a great need out there for parents of hurt or otherwise intense special needs kids to be able to find others in their area who are living this same crazy life. I'm reaching out to all my trauma parent friends to let them know about a parents network I'm putting together. My hope is that this will be a means of helping parents from all over the place and from all walks of life be able to find each other and support each other in real life.

If you are interested in learning more about this network, the details can be found on my blog at http://goldtorefine.blogspot.com/2012/01/find-friend.html. I'd love to have as many people as possible sign up. The more people that do, the more likely it will be that people will be able to find each other and make connections with each other.


By all means, feel free to pass this info on to your other friends who may be interested as well.

Diana

No comments: