This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Cinnamon Roll/Bread recipe

OK, I started South Beach again 3 days ago, so I decided to torture myself with this recipe my friend asked for. Yes, I have decided that Christmas is a holiday and I will be cheating.

Yeast Mix:

  • 1 TBS yeast
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1 TBS sugar

Mix together and let rise.

  • 2 TBS Sugar
  • 1 TBS salt
  • 2 cup milk
  • 2 cup flour
  • 1 stick melted butter


Mix all together (including yeast mix). Cool to lukewarm. Stir in 1 egg. Wait 15 minutes and add 4 cups flour. Mix dough and knead. Let rise one hour.

For bread, Knead then let rise one hour before baking.

For cinnamon rolls:

Cinnamon Roll Filling

  • 4 tsp cinnamon
  • 4 cups of sugar
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter

Blend cinnamon, suger and butter together with a fork.
After first rising, roll out the dough and cover evenly with Cinnamon Filling.
Roll up the dough (see picture).
Cut roll into slices and place in muffin pan.
Bake until done (approximately 20 minutes at 375 - burn easily!!).

Or do what I do and when Hubby makes the dough for rolls, have him make an extra couple of batches, and when all the hard work is done - steal some to make into a Braided Christmas Tree Cinnamon Roll!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds yummy!

Jeri said...

Marythemom, please email me at beemommy58@gmail.com
I live just south of Austin and share your need to lose about 50#. Also have two blogs:
one is pg13 rated
http://ohgoodnightnurse.blogspot.com/
the other deals with the issues of dealing with our RADtastic son from Ukraine:
http://withlovefromsumy.blogspot.com
would love to communicate with you