This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's been a week

Thank you all for your concerns about me. I've been in a depressed funk and have been having trouble making myself post (and/or doing anything at all).

My doctor increased my anti-depressant, but it doesn't seem to be enough yet. Tuesday I went back to work and did manage to get a little more motivated. (Monday Bob stayed home from school with me - tummy ache).

Work is picking up. We've got several new contracts. Not in enough time to meet payroll though. Had to tell the whole staff yesterday that we can't make payroll this week. Realized on my way to bed last night that I had forgot to take my meds. Bad day for that!

Today I'm home with Kitty (she has a sore throat and a hacking cough - not strep thank goodness). She's probably contagious so no dinner with my dad and step-mother tonight for her (Dad's recent bout with pneumonia has made him very susceptible to illness - although he's on antibiotics for his bronchitis that put him in the ER this weekend).

Everyone is doing fine (except me I guess). I'll try to be better about updating y'all.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad you updated! I know how it is to get into a funk. Take care of yourself!

Lorraine Fuller said...

Sending our prayers for you that you are able to get out of the funk soon.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers, Mary.