This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

50 things about Lil Ole Me

50 things about Lil Ole Me
I haven't done one of these in for-evah! So here you go. I'm way too lazy to tag anyone so feel free to copy and paste to your own blog.

1. What do you add to your coffee? Ice cream? I don't do the caffeine thing.
2. What are you reading now? Attachment Focused Family Therapy by Daniel Hughes, Coming to Grips w/Attachment by Katherine Leslie (I call these bathroom books cause I read them while getting ready in the morning or whatever). Mostly I read paperbacks I can read in the bathtub. I just finished a couple of vampire books by Katie McAllister and The Uglies by Scott Westerfield. Bought some more books for Christmas and I'm trying to talk myself out of pulling them out of the Christmas presents.
3. Do you own a gun? Sold mine just before Bob was born
4. Are you registered to vote? No
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? A little before the "girly one"
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Ok in beans or mac'n'cheese - as long as I don't think about what's in them
7. Favorite Christmas Song? Tough one. Christmas Shoes makes me cry every time. I like Santa Baby sung by Marilyn Monroe too.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Pretty much only drink water
9. Can you do push ups? Probably?
10. What was the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend? Mark, he was an ROTC geek who sat next to the boy I liked (guess my flirting bounced)
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring, but it doesn't fit right now
12. Favorite hobby? Reading and blogging
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? HA! I work with my husband!
14. Do you have ADD? Probably not
15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? I can get judgmental and short-tempered when overwhelmed
16. What’s your Middle name? I changed it to my maiden name
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I have a massive headache, I'm too lazy to get up and pee, Kitty has no volume control
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Nothing. Mom bought me groceries, smelly stuff for Bear and makeup for Kitty to help finish up my Cmas shopping.
19. Name 3 beverages you regularly drink. Water, water, and the occasional wine cooler.
20. Current worry right now? Money.
21. What size do you wear? Mostly a size 18. Which stinks!
22. Favorite place to be? In the bathtub with a new book
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Don't remember, but probably stayed up until midnight watching TV and kissed Hubby
24. Where would you like to go? A beautiful resort - because the only way we'd ever do that was if we were financially stable
25. Name three people who will complete this. Beats me.
26. Whose answers do you want to read the most? Anyone who feels like answering it.
27. What color shirt are you wearing? Lime green with Pooh Bear looking at flowers - I know, sooo Thanksgivingy.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? It's OK, but makes Hubby sweaty, so no thank you.
29. Can you whistle? yup
30. Favorite color(s)? Green and to wear - red and black
31. Could you be a pirate? Nah, I guess I could be a nerse. A nerse? Oh, you mean a nurse, yes, there is a nurse named Ruth. I don't want to know it's name, silly girl. How fast does it run?
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I only take baths now, and I'm reading so I don't sing.
33. Favorite girls name? If I had another daughter (that I got to name) I was going to name her Delia Rose.
34. Favorite boy’s name? I really like David.
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Lint.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Don't remember.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Rainbow stripes.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I've been pretty lucky. I guess the time I stepped on a pin cushion of rusted needles on Christmas Eve and had to get a tetanus shot. No wait, one Thanksgiving I dropped a can off a high shelf onto my toe and damaged the nail. When they poked holes into it to drain it it got infected. Eeew that reminds me, I think the worst was an infection I got after refusing an episiotomy... oh sorry. I'll stop now.
39. Do you love where you live? I love the town. I love living near my family. I mostly love my home, but wish it were easier to keep clean
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3- one in the family room, one in the playroom (for the PS2), and one in the master bedroom.
41. Who is your loudest friend? I don't have a lot of friends, and they're all pretty quiet. Kitty is the loudest person I know.
42. How many dogs do you have? Three. Prince Cuddles, Scarlet Claus and Princess.
43. Does anyone have a crush on you? The manager at Salvation Army, he's pretty creepy.
44. What are the most fun things you ever did? Dang, I know I've had fun, but at the moment I can't think of anything.
45. What are your favorite books? I love funny books - Katie McAllister who writes funny romances, Terry Prachett who writes funny fantasy, Piers Antony who writes funny fantasy and sci fi, Dick Francis who writes mysteries. I've been reading a lot of inspirational romances too - and sharing them with Bob. I especially love prolific writers.
46. What is your favorite candy? Do chocolate covered strawberries count? Probably Reeses, but anything chocolate.
47. Favorite Team? I hate sports, so my favorite team is my kids.
48. What songs do you want played at your funeral? Anyway by Martina McBride
49. What were you doing at 12 AM? Sleeping for once. I had a massive headache I couldn't get rid of.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Ooh, better hurry so I can get the pies done!

Answer on your blog (or email) and tell me about it!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I could really go for a warm bath right now.

Hope you had a good holiday, Mary!

Becky said...

I did it! Thanks. Hope things are good with you and yours!

Becky said...

OOPS! Just wanted to add that due to NaNovBloMo I'll be posting it tomorrow. Not that you were so excited for it anyway lol.