This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Friday, November 13, 2009

Developmental ages

This is how old they LOOK on the outside.

This is how old I need to remember they really are.





By the way, how adorable are these kids??!!!! Both then and now of course. Look at those sad eyes on Kitty. Even she recognizes herself as sad.
I especially had to remember how young they really are this morning as I cleaned up a poo mess in the bathroom. I just love being a mom of "teenagers!"

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This has to be so difficult to balance with teenagers. It is hard for me with a 5 and 6 year old that are more like 3.5 and 4. I can't imagine and really hope mine catch up and don't continue to get further behind as time goes on. There really is not a good answer to how to handle this, but you are doing a great job with your kids.