This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

15 years!


Yesterday was our 15 year wedding anniversary! My wonderful Hubby put up with my attachment disordered tuckus, and has hung on to me for 15 years. Finally convincing me that not all men leave (it only took him 4 years - 2 of which were after we were married).
Now all we have to do is convince Kitty and Bear.

We had lunch together (yes, as usual) to celebrate. We had Italian. (Ok, it was Mr. Gatti's buffet, but that's Italian, right?!).
For dinner I cooked a new chicken dish, that only 2 of the kids hated and refused to eat (more for Hubby!). We had chocolate cake for dessert! (and only 1 child got up in the middle of the night and ate half of it).
No melt downs (of course we didn't make anyone do chores) and hopefully Grandma's fever is better today so she can watch the kids this weekend).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!