This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thanks y'all!


I really needed to hear your kind words and thoughts. I'm keeping every single comment from the last post in a new folder in my in-box titled "Words of Affirmation." (It's not too late to add a comment y'all! *grin*)

So I'm going to continue to "Keep it Real." and since not one of you complained about the length of my posts, don't expect any changes there either!

Purple - I heard your advice and have a whole post coming. Truthfully I didn't want to post it for a couple of days because I wanted the last post to stay on top for a bit.

For those "newbies" there are some posts I'm particularly proud of and that really helped us a lot, even though we don't need them as much anymore. Those include The FAIR Club and Trust Jars if you want to search for them. I think they are great with the 6 to 13 age group and I used them with all my kids, including the neurotypical ones.

Thanks again guys!!

Mary


Edited to add: I didn't think about the downside to this, which is that I feel an incredible urge to at least check out the blogs of everyone who has commented (assuming they're not already ones I read), and I already have over 80 blogs on my reader! I'm never going to catch up!

2 comments:

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

I definitely wouldn't complain about the length of your posts! One I posted yesterday was over 2000 words (I write in Word and the little box tells me).

:)

Anonymous said...

I have good news for you: I do not have a blog.

:)