This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ask Heloise



Do I look like Ask Heloise to you?


Why is everything involving cleaning/ organizing, cooking, children, assigning chores and the enforcement thereof, medical/medicine, pets, shopping (clothes, groceries, household items kid stuff...), social events, church, school, determining family rules and what any discipline should be - and most of the time enforcing it... my responsibility?!


Hubby is very responsible about his duties. At his request I have left up to him the running of financial side of our company and our home (silly man thinks that just because I'm dyslexic I can't handle accounting). Oh and taking out the trash, and most of the stuff on his side of the garage (although if the kids take tools or hide anything then it's my responsiblity to find, return and reprimand), occasionally washing dishes (my least favorite chore in the whole world that I usually leave to the children), and dispensing meds (most of the time although I'm usually the one that organizes med boxes).


He probably does more, or I need to do less, but still, it can be very irritating. I mostly work a full-time job too!



A week or so ago, Lord Fluffy aka Itty Bitty Kitty (it's a joke now since he weighs 15lbs, but he used to be tiny!), decided the litter box wasn't clean enough for him (probably true). So he found other places to pee. Hubby's unused treadmill, in front of one of the doors that we now keep closed because we don't want him hiding under our bed, and on the pool table cover that is supposed to always be kept on the pool table if its not in use (which of course hardly ever happens!). So it's my job to clean. And clean again because the smell is not gone. And clean again. The last time, I just sprayed it with the cleaner we chose and left it on there instead of rinsing it off. Finally got the smell out, but I noticed there was a spot where the cleaner had pooled that hadn't dried. I left it out to dry and forgot about it.
Flash forward to this morning. Hubby notices and asks if we can finally put the cover back on. I say sure, but the spot that I thought hadn't dried turned out to be an oily residue. I was in the middle of something so asked Hubby to get it off. He of course had no clue how. I don't either, but how hard can it be to try some things? That's all I would do.
So that's my vent for the morning. He really is a good Hubby. Even when he frustrates the heck out of me.

No comments: