This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Broken

So on Saturday as we're leaving Sam's Club (a big warehouse store where everything comes in bulk), Ponito was in the cart, Kitty was pushing. Bear said, "Race you to the car!" and Kitty took off running - pushing the cart. (Side note: Why is the parking lot always sloped upward when you leave the store?!)


Smash!


Kitty ran into the rear passenger fender of our car (at least it wasn't someone else's!). Cracks on the fender and big pieces knocked out of the tail light. *sigh* Kitty immediately collapsed on the ground almost in tears, absolutely sure I was going to be furious. I calmly reassured her that it was just an accident, helped her up off the ground, and said next time to be more careful. Since I didn't have the reaction she expected, she was convinced that Hubby would yell at her and be furious. I told her I was pretty sure Hubby would know it was an accident too and therefore wouldn't yell at her either. Hubby had the same reaction I did. (I knew I picked the right guy!).
Mary

No comments: