This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday: Playroom

I don't have a current picture of the playroom, but it doesn't look very different. Here's some pictures of the murals that Grandma painted. Aren't they amazing?!


You should see the cute mama jaguar playing with the cubs below this, but I don't have a good picture of that. Ok, so it's rarely this messy, but thought I'd show you what my kids are capable of! *grin*
I don't know if they'll show game rooms separately, but I figure I'd just combine it with the playroom. We actually added on to the house a few years ago (big mistake, long story, still not finished).
This is the downstairs "playroom." To the right is the table holding the kid's computer (the better to see them). Under the mural (one I did myself copying a painting) is where I now have cabinets full of sewing stuff. The double French doors go out to the back yard. The doorway to the right of the glass French doors goes to my "sewing closet."
What do you think of the stained glass "window"? I helped design this, although I had nothing to do with the actual glass cutting. The contractor was supposed to install 2 pairs of French doors here, but discovered when he took out the original window that they wouldn't fit. Now it's two arches. I thought the glass was a great way to keep the needed support, but still make it feel open. The stained glass is sandwiched between two sheets of Plexiglas - Momma didn't raise no fool!

No comments: