This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Show Us Where You Live - Office

This was last week's room, but I missed it. I've written a post or two about my computer cubby before so I'm not going to go crazy here. This is the view from outside my computer cubby. It's the little closet under the stairs with a desk, a computer, an office chair and some files.I moved there from my sewing room, which is now Bob's room. I miss the space! My sewing room is now in another closet, but it's almost impossible to get in there (way too much stuff crammed in there) so I rarely sew any more.Actually I don't use my computer cubby anymore either. Couple of reasons. One, I was tired of the kids and therapists complaining that I was always in my cubby and not spending time with them. Two, I'd gained so much weight that I didn't fit any more!



Now I work on a laptop on a bed tray in the living room. I'm still on the computer a lot, but have a lot more face time with the kids.



Looks like I might be doing more work from home. Kitty needs me, and the company might be closing the office and having the employees work from home.

No comments: