This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tooth Fairy




The tooth fairy forgot to come to my house... again. Despite having Ponito dictate the e-mail to her and watching me send it. Can't use my standard excuse of "Oh, I forgot to send the e-mail." He didn't say anything about it this morning and he's not here now. I'm tempted to go stick the money under there now.




He's 11 and this is one of his last baby teeth. It's a "silver tooth" (capped). Which don't get as much from the tooth fairy. Brushing teeth is not a battle I fight with my kids... any of them. If that makes me a bad mommy, so be it.


2 comments:

shastastevens said...

Ha, I don't fight that battle either. Sometimes I just tell them the toothfairy left the gift with me to give them and then go get it.

Anonymous said...

If we'd only realized when they lost those first few teeth what a racket/hassle we were getting ourselves into. I think the best way to do it would be to have the kid leave a note in the kitchen, "Dear Tooth Fairy, My room is the third one on the left," then we would have a visual reminder to help us do our job.

Happy Birthday!