This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

God's plan


One of our cars died several months ago. It's been sitting in my parent's driveway ever since. We couldn't decide what to do with it. I thought it was possible that we might be able to use it as a trade-in if the dealership was desperate enough to take a car with a probable cracked engine block. Of course we can't afford another car right now. So it's been sitting in the driveway while our 6 member family continues to drive our gas-guzzling, 5 passenger SUV.




Out of the blue, someone noticed my dead car and knocked on my parent's door asking if it was for sale? We told him it was dead, but he has a friend who owns a garage and was fine with that. He gave us $700 cash.




So now we have to figure out why God gave us this money? Are we about to need it? Is it intended for one of the hundreds of things we need money for (like Bear needs new glasses to replace the pair he broke then lost that the insurance won't cover)? It's not enough for many of the things we've been putting off -like my thyroid surgery, sending Bob back to private school, helping meet payroll...




Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. - Proverbs 3:5,6




Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence. - Jeremiah 17:7




Happy is the man who finds wisdom and understanding for the gain from it is better than gain from silver and profit better than gold. - Proverbs 3:13,14

No comments: