This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Friday, February 13, 2009

There's a FIRST Time for Everything

1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
Richie. I was going to go stag, like I did to junior prom, but at the last minute my best friend got a date so I had to too! He left me at prom because he and his friends wanted to drive around the local Strip in the limo and I thought that was stupid and didn't want to leave my friend. I ran into him at the 20th high school reunion and he remembers it as me dumping him at prom instead of the other way around!

2. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
According to my mom it was a sip of wine or beer that I picked up after/during a party when I was a toddler. My first drink that I drank the whole thing was probably a wine cooler when I was in high school.

3. What was your FIRST job?
Probably babysitting or working in the church nursery (age 8-17), but the first one with a paycheck? Probably as a blackjack dealer in a bar on the local Strip. Gambling is illegal in our state so it was more like a video game - you paid to play and you couldn't win anything (even if you broke the bank). So my real job was to flirt - so people would want to play with me! *grin*

4. What was your FIRST car?
A blue Ford Probe. It only had 500 miles on it and had been rebuilt after being totalled (by someone else). It was soo much better than driving my dad's old Mazda GLC hatchback who's squirrel tired easily and had to be going 90 at the bottom of a gentle rise to be doing 40 at the top.

5. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
I don't text!

6. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
Probably Hubby since he woke me up from a dead sleep.

7. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Not a clue! The only elementary teacher who's name I remember was Mrs. Prosser in 4th grade. She let me read the "reading cards" as fast as I could go (which was pretty darn fast!)

8. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
I don't remember. I was probably only 3 or 4. Mom says this was about how old I was flying as an unaccompanied minor with my little sister.

9. Who was your FIRST best friend, and are you still friends with him / her?
I lived in 9 different states and countries before I was 5 years old. My mom would probably remember, AND have a cute story about it.

10. Who was your FIRST kiss?
That would be Corey my Junior year of high school. I saw him at my 20th high school reunion with his best friend -who was my Senior prom date that left me at prom to go cruising with his friends in the limo. I made it to Sweet 16 and Never Been Kissed. I was pretty dorky and moved a lot.

11. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
Hubby wakes me up, so it was probably him, but I may not have spoken. Definitely spoke to Ponito this morning. He looked up when I came downstairs, yelled, "MOMMY!!" with a huge grin on his face and jumped up and gave me a monkey hug (wraps his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist).

12. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Got mostly dressed and went downstairs to get a lovely monkey hug from Ponito.

13. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Blue Oyster Cult at Six Flags with my cousins. It was an outdoor concert and the first time I smelled Marijuana. I've only been to 2 concerts ever!

14. What was your FIRST tattoo or piercing?
I got my ears pierced at age 13 as a birthday present. My little sister got hers done on the same day. I was NOT happy - so unfair! I will never get a tattoo. Even if I was tempted I saw how they remove them (when Bear had it done). It is not pretty if you change your mind!

15. What was the FIRST foreign country you went to?
I lived in Italy when I was 4.

16. What was the FIRST movie you saw in the theater?
I have no clue. I remember seeing my first rated R movie in a theater though. I was 8. My dad took me to see some movie about women robbing a bank.

17. When was your FIRST detention?
I've never had detention. I was a goody two shoes!

18. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
I was born in Virginia.

19. Who was the FIRST person to really break your heart?
My dad. After that I didn't trust any man enough to let him anywhere near my heart. Took poor hubby years to get me to trust him. Hubby was the FIRST non-relative I fell in love with!

20. With whom was your FIRST date?
Mark. I'd been flirting all freshman year with his seat mate, hoping he'd ask me to a dance, but his seatmate never got a clue. Mark took me to the ROTC military ball.

21. What was your FIRST pet?
My parents had a HUGE cat named Charlie when I was born. He was a 20lb black cat who'd been abused by his mother. He was vicious to everyone but my mom and me, and he taught me manners (no tail or fur pulling) and let me dress him up in baby clothes.

22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
Dawn. We shared a dorm room and our first apartment, and our second apartment when the first (Dawn had chosen), had the bathroom ceilings both cave in. There was a reason it was such a great deal!

23. Who was your FIRST love?
Hubby (see 19).

24. What was your FIRST screen name?
Marythemom. I've had the same screen name since I first got online 10 years ago.

25. When did you have your FIRST baby?
In 1996 when I was 26, but my oldest child was born in 1993!

No comments: