This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Now what?

The psychiatrist said no. This is the e-mail I got from Bear's caseworker today:

Dr. M stated that he does not see any benefits in this plan. He also stated that he could not be supportive of that decision if made. I also put Bear on a stand-by list to see Dr. M sooner, but as of today, the appointment remains for 10-21.

My reply to her:

Ok, suggestions? Bear is going to do this now under our supervision where we can hopefully show him (and/or maybe the courts) that it is absolutely necessary and get him back on his meds safely and quickly, or he's going to do it cold turkey 10 months from now.

So what would y'all do?

No comments: