This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's been a long year!

Jan 1-5 Psychiatric hospitalization for Kitty
Jan 5-8 Kitty goes to work with me.
Jan 8 We tell Kitty about public school.
Jan 9 Kitty goes back to private school.
Jan 13 We tell Kitty about Biomom visit.
Jan 16 Girls' last day of private school and Kitty's service meeting with old school district
Jan 19 Meeting with Biomom
Jan 20 Bear starts attending 2 regular classes at local highschool.
Bob starts 7th grade public school.
Kitty goes to work with us.
Jan 21 ARD/IEP meeting/fight for Kitty's placement in 7th grade.
Kitty starts 7th grade public school.
I get shingles.
Jan 22 Shingles officially diagnosed.
Gas turned off at home.
Electricity turned off at work.
Jan 23 Stay home all morning to wait for Gas to be turned back on.
Jan 24 Shopping all day! Spend hours getting girls' clothing for public school.
Grandma takes all kids for the night!
Jan 25 Ponito comes down with stomach flu - spends all night vomiting.
Kitty gets hives - Grandparents don't know any better and just give her Benadryl. Psychiatrist confirms we need to remove Lamictal (new med we started 1 1/2 weeks ago) immediately and if rash doesn't get better take her to ER to verify is not fatal rash associated with this med.

At least I am on an antiviral medication and unlikely to get the Two Bucket Disease that Ponito has. Sister is going to Singapore at the beginning of next month for a whole week. The kids will be depending a lot on Grandma. Luckily, her family has already had Two Bucket Disease. Now all I have to do is PRAY that Grandma doesn't get it. She took care of nephew when he got it, and Ponito was in her house when his symptoms started.

One more week until this month is over. February is a short month! Ponito turns 10 on February 8 - birthday party still to be planned.

"Whenever you think, "I don't think I can do this," take a look around: You already are.
If "that which does not kill us makes us stronger..." just call me Superwoman.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm tired just reading. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I really like that "if you don't think you can do this..." quote. Good thing to keep in mind.

Did your gas get turned back on? Do you at least have hot water to clean up after the two buckets?

(((Mary))) big hugs and prayers.