This blog is my place to vent and share resources with other parents of children of trauma. I try to be open and honest about my feelings in order to help others know they are not alone. Therapeutic parenting of adopted teenagers with RAD and other severe mental illnesses and issues (plus "neurotypical" teens) , is not easy, and there are time when I say what I feel... at the moment. We're all human!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On a lighter note!






So this is how I feel on the inside.






Apparently on the outside I look like this:




Yes, I was told by yet another person that I look like a teenager. I realize this sounds like bragging, but I needed some positive affirmation. (This is actually Rachel McAdams from the movie The Notebook, who I've been told I look like). Shopping with Bob on Sunday night we went to pick up the book shelves and "dresser" that we'd purchased at Good Will. Bob was holding my hand part of the time and, and of course, slinging her arm over my shoulders the rest of the time (she loves to do this) - I'm 5'7" and was wearing heels, the girl is just tall!






As we rearranged the groceries to accomodate all the furniture (I'm so proud of myself for managing to cram two 6 foot bookshelves and a tall filing cabinet, plus groceries in the back of the Blazer and still being able to close the doors!), Bob referred to me as Mom. The man who was helping us load was so surprised he actually asked how old I was! *grin* I told him I'm 38 and he replied, "I thought you were her sister!"






So I guess it's a good thing my outsides don't match my insides! I really like being told I look 19!






Saw this quote today and really loved it!






*If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary, you certainly needed and DESERVED that compliment. :)